The conference takes place at the Technical University of
Denmark in Kongens Lyngby,
which is situated 15 km north of the center of Copenhagen, the capital
- You can find the latest weather forecast for the greater Copenhagen area at the Danish Meteorologic Institute's homepage.
- Note that it may not always be possible to pay with credit card, as some
stores only accept credit card with PIN (and it is a mistery when which foreign cards and PINs are accepted). Of course all the bigger stores in Copenhagen take credit cards.
- Denmark does not use the Euro (€) but the Danish Crown (DKK).
The exchange rate for DKK 100 is approximately € 13, £ 11 and USD 19.
- Voltage is 220V.
- Most Danes speak english.
Here you can find
an overview of the DTU campus, including location of the lecture hall 308 and the bus stops.
A taxi from the airport to DTU takes approximately 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the route (through the city or around) and traffic conditions. The price is approximately DKK 400 through the city and DKK 500 around the city.
For information on how to get around in the greater Copenhagen area you can look
at the travel plan of the Danish
To search for connections use CPH for the airport, KBH for the central station, and DTU for the campus.
The best connection from Copenhagen is by S-train to Lyngby and then by bus to DTU campus.
From the city to the campus you need a ticket for 5 zones, from the airport to the campus you need a ticket for 6 zones, and from the airport to Copenhagen you need a ticket for 3 zones.
Note that you can buy a 10-trip ticket (Klippekort) with usually almost 50% discount. These
tickets are sold at the kiosks of almost all stations and at the airport, as well as some stores.
From Copenhagen you can take any of the S-trains B (direction Holte) and E (direction Hillerød) to Lyngby. From Lyngby station you can take any of the busses 590 and 591 (ring busses from the station to DTU), 150S, 300S (direction Naerum), 190 (direction Holte), or 353 (direction Hillerød).
We have made arrangements with two hotels:
- The Wakeup Copenhagen is located in the heart of Copenhagen, roughly a 10-min walk from Copenhagen's Central Station. To book a room please contact the hotel stating the reference code PPPJ2011.
- The Scandic Eremitage is located in Lyngby, roughly a 15 minute walk from the DTU campus. Rates are 1130 DKK per night for a single room, and 1330 DKK per night for a twin room, both including breakfast. To book a room please fill out this form and return it to the hotel before August 2, 2011.